Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sixteen Cities - s/t


Sixteen Cities
Centricity Records
11 Songs, 39 minutes and 17 seconds
Release Date: April 20, 2010


Sixteen Cities is the freshman release of a band sharing the same name. Hailing from Portland, Oregon, the four man group began Christian ministry to fellow public high school students, soon after finding themselves forming a band and performing in the local indie music scene. Word-of-mouth and a demo circulated, and “Sixteen Cities” was soon touring as an opening act for some of CCM’s biggest acts.

Among this collection of Christian praise / pop rock there are gems. “Innocent” is a piano led ballad with a youthful sound underscored by well timed string accompaniment. Synth and vocal echo used in the calmer moments of the mild rocker “Someone’s Work of Art” provide the foundation for the song’s message of each person’s worth. “Winter” concludes the album with a piano led testimony of straying from our faith with the well written refrain:

‘Cause I’ve been searchin’ for the sun but I don’t know if anyone could tell me how to find my way home.
All the things that I’ve become are all the things I’m runnin’ from.
I don’t want my heart to turn to stone.
This cold has been so bitter, can you save me from this winter?’

Listening to Sixteen Cities, it is easy to hear there love for worship. With a Christian pop-rock sound much like Reliant K, “Sixteen Cities” is sure to be charting on Christian AM radio in the very near future. Among these gems there lies a wonderful message.


http://sixteencities.com/
SS Mertens

No comments:

Post a Comment